THE 3 WHEEL BASIC RIDER COURSE
Is a research-based and action-oriented core curriculum designed to teach beginning 3 Wheel motorcyclists of all ages the physical and mental skills necessary to ride safely on the street.
It includes basic 3 wheel motorcycle operation, maximum effective braking techniques, turning skills, obstacle avoidance maneuvers, classroom instruction and ten hours of "on 3WMC" training.
Graduates are entitled to receive the endorsement to ride a 3WMC. The license endorsement is restricted to operating 3WMC ONLY when taking this class.
RiderCoaches for the program are all experienced 3 wheel motorcycle operators who are nationally certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF).
Each student MUST provide and wear the following required safety gear:
- Helmet. We have loaner helmets for the Kickstart and BasicRider courses.
- Eye protection. Glasses (prescription, not fashion), sunglasses or safety glasses.
- Long sleeves in the form of a jacket, sweatshirt or a long sleeve t-shirt. Think layers. If it is hot you will want to take your jacket or sweatshirt off and you need to have long sleeves for a variety of reasons.
- Gloves. Full-finger leather or riding gloves. Absolutely NO fingerless gloves allowed.
- Pants that aren’t loose around the ankles. Leave your bell bottoms at home.
- Over the ankle footwear. You need ankle support when you are riding. Sturdy boots, over the ankles and lace-ups are acceptable. Open toed sandals are expressly PROHIBITED.
- Raingear, just in case. We call it rain insurance.
- Water, granola bars, etc. There are portable toilets but no other facilities.